This is a practice test to help you prepare for the real test in class. Give it a try!!!!
1. Most of the mass of the atom is in the _____________________.
2. The atomic number is the same as the number of ______________.
3. Protons have a ______ charge.
4. Neutrons have _____ charge.
5. Electrons have a _____charge.
6. Aluminum +3 has ____ protons, ____neutrons, and ____ electrons
7. What charge will the sodium atom have if it loses one electron?
8. The atomic mass is __________________________.
9. The atomic number is ________________________.
10. When atoms lose electrons, they take on a/an ____ charge?
11. When atoms gain electrons, they take on a/an ____ charge?
12. Write the correct electron configuration for the potassium atom.
13. How many valance electrons does the nitrogen atom have?
14. Valance electrons are ___.
a. the electrons found in the outer most energy level of an atom
b. the electrons found in the inner most energy level of an atom
c. found only in atoms of solids
d. found only in the nucleus of an atom
15. How many electrons can be found in an “s” orbit?
16. How many electrons can be found in a “p” orbit?
17. How many valance electrons does the nitrogen atom have?